Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dollar Store Lotion

Here is the awesome lotion recipe I promised! Enjoy!

DOLLAR STORE LOTION

This recipe is not a true homemade lotion, but one made with pre-made ingredients. I found this recipe on the internet (there are many versions of this floating around) and tried it. Everyone who makes it has nothing but good to say about it. It can be used for your whole body, including your face! I have been using it and it does a great job of keeping my skin soft during the cold winter months. Put some on your heels and put socks on before going to bed to keep your heels soft and not cracked. I also love it on my face. All the ingredients can be purchased at our Dollar General, Family Dollar, or Dollar Tree stores for $1 each.

  • 2 15-oz. bottles baby lotion (I used the shea & cocoa butter one, but you can use the regular pink one or the lavender one too)
  • 2 8-oz. jars of Vitamin E Cream
  • 1 7.5 oz. jar Vaseline (can use homemade un-petroleum jelly - see my recipe in another post!)

Place all ingredients in your mixer and mix well. I put the vaseline in the microwave for a bit to soften it up and help it mix up better. When it is all mixed up really well, put the lotion back into the bottles you just emptied, using a funnel. You can also purchase some small containers or jars to store your lotion in. This makes a wonderful gift too!