Thursday, April 17, 2008

Brown Sugar Facial Scrub


Here is the recipe for a brown sugar facial scrub that I mixed up yesterday. I have been using it along with my Dollar Store Lotion on my face and it has done wonders! My skin is so soft and smooth! My 15 year old daughter has also been using it and it has worked great for her too! Here's the recipe:

Brown Sugar Facial Scrub

  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sweet almond oil (**see note below)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon ground oatmeal
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix everything together and put in a jar with a lid. Enjoy!

To Use: Wet face with a warm washcloth. Put a little bit of the scrub on the tips of your fingers and rub over whole face (moisten fingers if needed). Gently massage over face for about 1 minute. Rinse face with warm water. Pat dry. Apply lotion.

** I tried using coconut oil instead of the sweet almond oil and I really like it. The almond oil tended to separate all the time and I would have to mix it up before I used it each time. The coconut oil hardens up a bit and makes the scrub more of a paste. Simply melt 1/2 cup coconut oil, mix up with the rest of the ingredients, and then let sit on counter to cool down and harden a bit. Stir every so often to keep the coconut oil mixed in good as it cools. Enjoy!